Bluray support

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Re: Bluray support

Postby psgolfer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:45 am

I'm new to this board, I have an HTPC and have lots of bluray iso's in file format. They are back ups that I have created images from my originals.

The originals live upstairs and the copies live on my cpu. I have been using PDVD to watch my movies but I would like to use the PS3 also.

The movies are backed up using slysoft anydvd and an image created. When using PDVD I mount the iso using vitual clone drive. The PS3 will not see my clone drives, only the external drives the movies are backed up to.

Is there anyway to watch these movies at this time?

TYIA
psgolfer

Postby chxboi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 am

lightglitch, I ran the command you suggested on a collection of Blu Ray Folder structures. Please see the attached zip. I hope this helps.
Attachments
bluray collection.zip
(109.52 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
chxboi

Postby lightglitch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm a little busy right now but I will try to resume the development as soon as possible, thx for the help.
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:46 pm

lightglitch wrote:After a little search at google looks like libbluray doesn't support BR ISO'S, so it's only possible to improve the way the bluray folder is presented.

What about to pipe it with already used RAR library to unpack ISO to readable form for libbluray library? Is it possible? 8-)
But I am not sure now if RAR support still exists or is somehow broken.
ExSport

Postby lightglitch » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:31 pm

The main problem is not the ISO itself but the format of the filesystem inside the ISO - Universal Disk Format (UDF) 2.50 - and there aren't many tools supporting that.
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Previous

Return to Developers