I've been doing some tests and have managed to get it working better. This does seem to be a performance problem (despite using previously working settings). I can replicate this problem in older builds by setting max buffer to 600mb and upscale to 1080p with de-interlacing and max transcode quality settings.
The TV times-out after 1 minute, it seems like its taking longer than this for the buffer to fill (difficult to say because of odd buffer behaviour).
I can get it to transcode quite reliably by changing SamsungAllShare.conf as follows:
TranscodeVideo = MPEGTSAC3 (I can not get this working with MPEGAC3)
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 50 (25Mbps is too low and transcoding will only sometimes work. 50Mbps provides a huge performance increase and MPEGTS playback is much more reliable)
Also I tried lowering the max buffer from 400mb to 250mb, didn't really notice a difference between the two.
With the modified settings, streaming will usually start after 50 seconds.
I got MPEGAC3 to transcode by adding the following lines:
TranscodedVideoFileSize = 100000000000
ChunkedTransfer = false
Also strange, the PS3 starts playback at 15 seconds and has a full buffer by 45 seconds. I don't think these problems can be blamed directly on the commit... perhaps should be looking at the Samsung protocol instead...
PMS 1.50.1-Snapshot (latest commit
); 400MB buffer;
Samsung LCD D550 Series with custom conf
; Sony PS3; Xbox 360;
Win7 x64; JDK-7u2-x64; Intel i7 930 + X58 chipset; 3 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz; Gigabit backbone;